Estimote iBeacon is a Bluetooth® 4.0 low energy, single mode compliant device. They can communicate with smartphones that are as close as four inches (2 cm) away, or as far as 230 feet (70m) away, and work great with MobiPunch!
Estimote Beacons are compatible on both iOS 7 and Android devices:
Compatible iOS Devices:
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 5C
- iPhone 5S
- iPad Mini
- 3rd Gen iPad
- 4th Gen iPad
Compatible Android Devices:
- Any Android device with Android 4.3 OS with Bluetooth Low Energy
Note: Some Android devices might have bluetooth but are not compatible with Bluetooth 4.0. Consult your mobile device manufacturer’s documentation for more information about the bluetooth chip on your device.
Learn how to setup your beacons and add it to your Punch Card:
2. Once you have downloaded the app on your mobile device, open the app and tap on Devices.
3. Tap on your Beacon in the App Radar or Devices List
4. Take note of your Beacon’s Major and Minor
5. Login into your account on the Extreme MobiPunch platform and proceed to the punch card that you wish to associate the Estimote Beacons.
6. Go to Program > Customize > Beacons
7. Click the +Estimote link on the interface.
8. Enter the unique Major/Minor IDs indicated on your beacon based on Step 4.
9. Enter your beacon’s message in the Location Description column.
10. Repeat steps 7 through 9 if you wish to add more Estimote beacons to the punch card.
11. Click the Save or Save and Close button once done.
You can take ownership of your own Beacon. This will allow you to edit the necessary settings of your Estimote beacon. This is only optional and is not required when using Estimote beacons with MobiPunch Punch Cards
1. Create a Free Estimote Account to login to the Estimote Platform (click here to create a free Estimote account).
2. Click on “Claim” in the top right corner of the App and confirm
3. Once approved, you can manage your Beacon from the App
4. You can login on your desktop at https://cloud.estimote.com (The Estimote App is still required to apply cloud settings).